Your basic ITPro blog... What's going on at work, what I'm interested in.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Upgrading to Exchange 2010

Well, it looks like this task is finally upon us. We are currently planning to upgrade our Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange 2010. I have heard mixed reviews on the upgrade process. Most have said it is not too bad. Others have had… umm…. difficulties.

I have been reading everything I can on the subject and, at this point, feel fairly confident that I can get us migrated to a new system. My primary concern is the design of the new environment. Our current Exchange setup, while functional, isn’t exactly ‘best practice’. We don’t have the resources to truly do things ‘best practice’ (full redundancy, role/box ratio, etc.) but I am hoping to make some improvements to our implementation.

If anyone out there has any suggestions, resources, or tips… I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Additional Info

My photo
email: support (AT) mangrumtech (DOT) com
mobile: 480-270-4332