Your basic ITPro blog... What's going on at work, what I'm interested in.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Perspective

I invest a lot of time (measured in actual minutes and hours) on computers. My job is in IT, managing dozens of Windows servers, dozens of Dell and Cisco switches/routers/WAPs/etc., over a hundred Cisco IP phones and their users, multiple software packages and all the other ‘trimming’s that come with a typical SMB systems installation. I spend many more hours reading and learning about technology, trying to keep up on trends, learn about what’s on the horizon, develop my skills on solutions we have in place. Much of my free time is spent on the computer, playing games, watching TED Talks, Stumbling, etc. All this to say, I’m no different than most of you, I am guessing…

I spend a lot of time on computers.

But, today is Father’s Day. For me, this is a day of perspective. Because, when I look into the eyes of my two sons, when my 5 year old runs up to me and gives me the longest hug I’ve had in a long time and tells me, “I’m so glad you are my father.”, well I am reminded of what is really important.

I just want to say to all you fathers out there, Happy Father’s Day. I hope and pray that this is a day of joy and happiness for you.

No comments:

Additional Info

My photo
email: support (AT) mangrumtech (DOT) com
mobile: 480-270-4332