Your basic ITPro blog... What's going on at work, what I'm interested in.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

BackupExec… Oh How I Hate Thee!

I just have to say it out loud. This has got to be the worst software ever conceived of by man. Why is it, when I create and the start a job, it just sits there for (seemingly) EVER?! I created a restore job and, after determining that I wanted to change the job, I canceled it, made changes, and started it again… NOPE! Instead, it just sits there… going on an hour now!! No alerts waiting for a response… just sitting there.

I really hate this software!

I could rant about so many things about BackupExec (now trying version 12.5) that I hate… D2D performance being very poor, jobs constantly getting stuck, etc. etc.

The question is, where can I go?

No comments:

Additional Info

My photo
email: support (AT) mangrumtech (DOT) com
mobile: 480-270-4332