Your basic ITPro blog... What's going on at work, what I'm interested in.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

GMail’s Archive feature in Outlook… PART 2

I am following up on my original post, available here.

These are the actual steps (as best as I remember them) that I followed to create this setup.

  1. Open Outlook
  2. Click Tools|Macro|Macros
  3. Enter ‘MoveTo_Archive’ (without quotes) as the Macro Name
  4. Click ‘Create’
  5. Paste code into Module1
  6. NOTE: Change the code in the MoveTo_Archive Sub, replacing <MyMailbox> with your actual mailbox name
  7. ALSO: Make sure the ‘_Archive’ folder exists in your mailbox.

That should do it. Hope this helps.

…not sure what I would screencap.

3 comments:

dhodge said...

I still get an error each time i invoke the macro.

occurs in the FunctionOpenMAPIFolder(szPath)....set flr=ns.Folders(szDir)

dhodge said...

found the error and got it working...I had an erro int he mailbox name.
thanks

didn't do "Mailbox - name"

Derek Mangrum said...

Are you sure the folder path is correct? Are you trying to move items to a folder that actually exists?

Additional Info

My photo
email: support (AT) mangrumtech (DOT) com
mobile: 480-270-4332