Your basic ITPro blog... What's going on at work, what I'm interested in.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Outlook (Office 12) Crashing

Taking some notes for myself here...

Recently - the past week or two - Outlook has been crashing a few times a day. I was seeing the following in my event logs:

image

It was always Event ID 1000 and 1001. I researching things a bit and came across the following items that seemed promising...

Installed MS Visual C++ Redist Package (didn't help):  http://help.wugnet.com/office/XP-pro-Outlook-07-crash-ftopict1068797.html

Removed Add-Ins (This thread got me thinking about add-ins):  http://www.archivum.info/microsoft.public.outlook.general/2008-07/msg06184.html)

As noted, I had a crash after installing the VC++ Redist. So, I checked the add-ins in Outlook and removed/disabled a couple that I did not want/need in there. No more crashes so far today.

Lesson: Uninstalls don't always uninstall everything. And, remnants can cause problems!

No comments:

Additional Info

My photo
email: support (AT) mangrumtech (DOT) com
mobile: 480-270-4332