Your basic ITPro blog... What's going on at work, what I'm interested in.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Introduction

Allow me to introduce myself (I realize I have not done that yet)...

My name is Derek Mangrum and I work at Central Christian Church of the East Valley in Mesa, AZ. I am the Network and Systems Administrator. Actually, I don't know what my specific title is...

But, I take care of the servers, the network, the Cisco IP phone system on our Gilbert campus, and anything else that comes along.

I am a MCSE (Windows 2003), a CCNA, and am BackupExec 10.x certified. I have been in the computer biz for over 16 years.

My e-mail address is: derekDOTmangrumAT-SYMBOLcccevDOTcom

My first computer was a Commodore 64. My dad bought one, used, from his boss when I was just a kid. He figured that computers were 'up and coming' and wanted to expose his kids to them. Little did he know that he was setting me on a life's course (as far as work goes).

Well, that's about it for now.

4 comments:

Nick Airdo said...

Welcome and thanks!

The Cybernetic Entomologist said...

Welcome to the Church IT Blogosphere.

A bunch of us hang out at the 24-hour Church IT Roundtable on FreeNode IRC (#citrt).

Are planning on attending MinistryTech/IT Roundtable in April?

DMangrum said...

I have visited the IRC channel in the past. I am hoping to make it a more regular stop. I have also been listening to the Roundtable podcasts, but have not participated yet. I should probably do that too! Thanks for visiting!

David S. said...

Welcome to the interweb! Adding you to my newsreader now; I'm willing to forgive the use of Blogger as long as I don't have to see it ;-)

Additional Info

My photo
email: support (AT) mangrumtech (DOT) com
mobile: 480-270-4332